Sunday 22nd October 2017
Full Day Reef Fishing Charter
On Sunday we headed out for a full day of Reef Fishing. A full day charter allows us to head out deeper and explore the deeper reefs off Port Fairy & target some shark as well.
The deeper reefs are still producing good fish. We landed Snapper to 53 cm, Gummies to 16 kg and some handy Nannygai. Providing lots of enjoyment for our group on board.
One unfortunate thing was one of the gummies was full of pups, which were not far off being born naturally as they were very active, we managed to place all the pups into a bucket of sea water and release them into the ocean. They all swam off when released and we hope most of them made it safely back to the bottom. We were also disappointed to find that the Gummie Shark had picked up some litter and the contents of its stomach revealed an organge plastic netting. This certainly highlights the importance of fishing safely and not using things like orange netting to burley up.
- A days catch A days catch
- A great sized snapper A great sized snapper
- Nannygai Nannygai
- Onto a big one! Onto a big one!
- Gummy Shark Gummy Shark
- Ian wrangling the shark! Ian wrangling the shark!
- Some of the pups we found in the Gummy Some of the pups we found in the Gummy
- Safely returning the pups to the ocean Safely returning the pups to the ocean
- the orange netting found in the Gummy Sharks stomach :( the orange netting found in the Gummy Sharks stomach :(