King Island Adventure Fishing Charter - 3 day
8th-11th March 2018
Another fantastic adventure to King Island with a group of seven great blokes keen to fish off King Island.
We boarded the Southern Explorer in Port Fairy on Thursday evening and travelled overnight to the waters off King Island. The group were able to sleep the night away in our comfortable bunk rooms while we travelled.
1st Day Fishing - saw us fishing out wide off the island, catching some more lovely Tassie Striped Trumpeter, School Shark and Gummy Shark, along with plenty of Jackass Morwong and Rock Cod.
Prior to anchoring up, the boys went for a dive and retrieved a solid crayfish. In the evening we anchored in Quarantine Bay for a relaxing time.
2nd Day Fishing - we headed off to our Flathead grounds and were rewarded with plenty of good Flathead. After lunch we headed out for some Snapper and on the way, we had a bit of fun with a large school of Salmon. Snapper were up to 54 cm along with big Rock Flathead. In the evening we anchored in sheltered waters off New Year Island and enjoyed the sunset along with some refreshing drinks.
While we were at King Island the weather was brilliant, fishing around the island made for a very special time.
We returned back to Port Fairy on Sunday afternoon. Everyone agreed that it had be a fantastic trip, with plenty of fish and good company!
Our Next King Island Fishing Charter is coming up in May. There are some spots available for our next four day trip to King Island : Departing Thursday 9pm 10th-14th May. Contact Mary Ann 0429983112 or 55983112 to find out more info and secure your place on board. you won't be disappointed!
- Yanns Snapper Yanns Snapper
- Alan and Leigh wrestling a School Shark Alan and Leigh wrestling a School Shark
- Bait attracted to night light Bait attracted to night light
- Cape Wickham lighthouse Cape Wickham lighthouse
- Davids Snapper Davids Snapper
- Davids Striped Tassie Trumpeter Davids Striped Tassie Trumpeter
- Drill Rig over Cassino Gas Well Drill Rig over Cassino Gas Well
- Enjoying the sunset off New Years Island Enjoying the sunset off New Years Island
- Happy Fisherman Group Happy Fisherman Group
- Harrys Striped Trumpeter Harrys Striped Trumpeter
- Ian and Pauls well earned shark Ian and Pauls well earned shark
- Jeffs Jackass Morwong Jeffs Jackass Morwong
- Leighs Nannygai Leighs Nannygai
- Some of the catch Some of the catch
- Pauls School Shark Pauls School Shark
- Radar waltzing a school shark Radar waltzing a school shark
- Rock Flathead Rock Flathead
- Shark Attack! Shark Attack!